WHAT IS EXPECTED OF THE STUDENT?
- Have a space in the home for lessons that has a quiet atmosphere with minimal distraction
- Keep a basic notebook and binder for handouts and lesson notes
- Have access to email and printer for any additional handouts
- Bring a fun and positive attitude for learning
- Set aside at least 20min a day (or about 1.5-2hrs/week) of practice time outside of lessons
- Be able to purchase books online (i.e. amazon.com) periodically that supplement the instruction plan
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF THE INSTRUCTOR?
- Treat the home of the student and everyone inside with a high level of respect and kindness
- Engage the student at all times throughout the lesson, creating a fun atmosphere
- Prepare for each lesson and maintain a high level of quality that keeps the student and family motivated to continue instruction
- Communicate in a responsive manner and provide as much flexibility as reasonably possible to meet the client’s needs